You can choose to share your 'approver' responsibilities with a colleague (eg another manager or HR administrator). This can be set up using one of the options below.
1. Assign an additional Self-Service Manager to your team
Self-Service Managers can view information about their direct reports in Manager Self-Service such as:
- Basic personal details (eg name, title and emergency phone numbers);
- Employee Personnel Number;
- Contractual details (eg job title, FTE, length of service, salary and allowances);
- Team structure (eg who reports to whom).
Where it is appropriate for a colleague to have access to the information listed above, they can be designated as an additional Self-Service Manager for your team. In doing so, this individual would also be able to approve annual leave requests and record sickness absence where needed.
To set up an additional Self-Service Manager for your team, please contact your HR administrator.
2. Assign 'Shared Responsibility' to a colleague
This option is not available to NDM staff.
'Shared Responsibility' is where time approval permissions are shared permanently with another colleague. This can be assigned for specific teams (work groups) as appropriate.
The colleague who has been assigned Shared Responsibility will be able to perform the same time approver tasks as the Self-Service Manager. However, they will not have access to the additional information available to the Self-Service Manager (listed above).
To set up Shared Responsibility, please contact your HR administrator.