12 December – Botley Road update, Christmas arrangements and Seasonal staff photos
28 November – Disability History Month, Bodleian shop discount and World Cup predictions
14 November – COP27, Botley Rd closure, VC Open Forum and Industrial Action
31 October – Wellbeing workshops, USS pension meeting and Professional Services Awards
3 October – Wellbeing programme launch, staff housing survey/prizes and New Ways of Working feedback
20 September – Top ranking in Times Guide, Ling Felce award, Race Equality Strategy launch, research culture at Oxford
5 September – Updated salary scale, new senior professional services staff and dates of Oxford railway station closures
8 August – National pay award, communities of practice and digital education
13 June – Queen's Birthday Honours, building work update and focus on quality
30 May – Fusing opportunities with philanthropy and Open Forum on People
3 May - EveryDaySafe campaign and Wytham study celebrates 75 years
21 April – Staff wellbeing, New Ways of Working and COVID-19 update
28 March – Changes to the University's COVID-19 restrictions
24 January – Updated health guidance and Open Forum reminder
The University Bulletin is a roundup of news and activities from across the collegiate University which is sent to all members of staff
The University Bulletin is usually issued once a fortnight during term time, and monthly out of term.
Expected forthcoming publication dates for 2022/23 are:
- 12 June
- 10 July
- 7 August TBC
- 4 September
- 2 October
The University Bulletin was first introduced in July 2018 on a monthly basis as Blueprint Bulletin, and became weekly from April 2020 until the end of Michaelmas 2021 in response to the communication needs of the coronavirus pandemic. It was renamed University Bulletin from October 2020 to help prevent any confusion with the now-discontinued Blueprint staff magazine.
- All issues from 2018 to 2023 are available from the bottom of this page
- All 2023 issues are available from the right-hand column of this page
The newsletter currently aims to provide University news, updates and features that reflect the University’s strategic priorities.
We continually review the performance of the University Bulletin and its content, including seeking the views of colleagues from across the University. This is overseen by the University Bulletin Editorial Board. We welcome any thoughts you may have (please email email@example.com).
The University Bulletin is separate from the Gazette, which is the University’s authorised journal of record.
How to submit an item
The newsletter is sent to all staff members and the information shared must be applicable to, or of interest to, colleagues. If you would like to submit a news item for consideration in the University Bulletin, please contact the Internal Communications team in the Public Affairs Directorate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep the word count below 50 and provide any relevant images. If your communication requires a call to action, please provide contact details or a webpage link with more information. Please avoid any jargon or acronyms.
The Internal Communications team will review and edit text where needed, and make the final decision on any image(s) to include.
All content should be received by 4pm on the Wednesday before the Monday on which you wish it to be published. Exceptions are made for unforeseen urgent news.
If you require a news item to be uploaded on the Staff Gateway, please also send us the copy in the same email – note that we require 250 words or more for news items.
Please avoid any jargon or acronyms. Please contact the Bulletin team (email@example.com) if you would like to view more information in our Bulletin Contribution Guide.
The University Bulletin is created and sent using Adestra, which is approved for use at the University by IT Services and Legal Services and accords with relevant data privacy and information security policies.
Adestra records how many times each email is opened and which links are clicked within it. This data is hosted in the UK on a secure server. The Internal Communications team in the Public Affairs Directorate will use an anonymised and aggregated form of this data to help ensure that the content is as relevant as possible.
Individual user data is not monitored, and no personal data is shared with any other teams within the University, or with third parties.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 13 December 2021 - Updated health guidance
- 29 November - Queen's Anniversary Prize
- 22 November - Disability at Oxford
- 15 November - Stay well this winter
- 8 November - EJRA review
- 1 November - Professor Benito Müller on COP
- 25 October - Online expenses
- 18 October - Race Equality Task Force
- 11 October - Vice-Chancellor's Oration
- 4 October - BME Staff Network
- 27 September - Innovation Encaenia
- 20 September - Walk-in vaccinations
- 13 September - Summary of staff benefits
- 6 September - Return to onsite working for all staff
- 26 July - Last University Bulletin for the summer
- 19 July - Oxford Cancer Network launch
- 12 July - HIV vaccine trial starts
- 5 July - Temporary vaccination centre open to members of the public
- 28 June - Temporary vaccination centre
- 21 June - Arrangements for the University and colleges after 21 June
- 14 June - Queen's Birthday Honours
- 7 June - Return to on-site working update
- 24 May - New COVID-19 testing kits
- 17 May - Returning to the classroom
- 10 May - COVID-19 crisis management framework
- 26 April - Staff Experience Survey 2021
- 19 April - Symptom-free (LFD) testing
- 12 April - Chief Financial Officer appointment
- 29 March - Launch of research staff hub
- 22 March - Trials indicate vaccine is safe and effective
- 15 March - Early Alert Service: Easter Closure
- 8 March - Prestigious medal for Oxford vaccine professor
- 1 March - Arrangements for Hilary and Trinity terms
- 22 February - Fairtrade Fortnight
- 15 February - New findings from the RECOVERY trial
- 8 February - Oxford coronavirus vaccine update
- 1 February - Asymptomatic testing pilot for staff
- 25 January - Urgent reminder on Lockdown rules
- 18 January - Searching for a treatment for COVID-19 patients
- 11 January - Rollout of Oxford COVID-19 vaccine
- 15 December 2020: 2020 highlights | The Lancet peer review | And other University updates
- 7 December 2020: Philharmonic Orchestra special tribute concert | COVID updates
- 30 November 2020: Brexit update | Oxfordshire to move to Tier 2 | End of term testing for students
- 23 November 2020: Vaccine insight | End of term | Sustainability progress
- 16 November 2020: Arrangements for end of Michaelmas term | University progress on sustainability
- 9 November 2020: Launch of Race Equality Task Force | University approach to national restrictions
- 2 November 2020: The University's response to the second lockdown
- 26 October 2020: Changes to SSO | COVID-19 updates | Sustainability consultation
- Special edition 19: WC 5 October 2020
- Special edition 18: WC 28 September 2020
- Special edition 17: WC 21 September 2020
- Special edition 16: WC 14 September 2020
- Special edition 15: WC 7 September 2020
- Special edition 14: WC 17 August 2020
- Special edition 13: WC 27 July 2020
- Special edition 12: WC 20 July 2020
- Special edition 11: WC 13 July 2020
- Special edition 10: WC 6 July 2020
- Special edition 9: WC 22 June 2020
- Special edition 8: WC 15 June 2020
- Special edition 7: WC 8 June 2020
- Special edition 6: WC 1 June 2020
- Special edition 5: WC 18 May 2020
- Special edition 4: WC 4 May 2020
- Special edition 3: WC 27 April 2020
- Special edition 2: WC 20 April 2020
- Special edition 1: WC 6 April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
30 May – Annual Disability Lecture, Pay and Conditions Report webpage and Wellbeing series
15 May – Encaenia, sanctuary status and Digital Transformation update
2 May – Open Forum: people, pay & conditions, new Head of MPLS and Mental Health Awareness Week
17 April – VC Podcast, EDU reports and win £100 by taking the EveryDaySafe quiz
20 March – Begbroke info session, Oxford station closure and Digital Transformation
6 March – National pay award, Botley Road closure and Open Forum
20 February – Green Action Week, Thriving at Oxford 2023 and Life and Mind Building
6 February – LGBT+ History Month, International Women's Day, New Digital Education Strategy and Race Equality Week
Public Affairs Directorate
Tel: 01865 280720