HR Self-Service

Log in to access your payslips and P60s, update certain personal, job and pay details or to apply for a University job. If you have been designated as a Self-Service Manager, you can also see information about your team. 


Employee Self-Service gives you access to your payslips and P60s, personal and contractual information as well as the Internal Job Board. This includes: 

Pay documentation

•   payslips dating back to May 2013; and
•   P60s dating back to the tax year 2014/2015.

Personal information

•    emergency contact details;
•    personal contact details (eg your home address); and
•    diversity details.

You can view the following information on a read-only basis:

•    personal details (eg your title, name, and right to work details); and
•    bank sort code (helpful if you change bank details part way through the month).

Contractual information

•    contractual information (eg contracted hours and salary for your current position); and
•    overall length of service.

If you are a casual worker, your Self-Service record may only be partially populated.

For guidance on how to use Employee Self-Service, please refer to the 'Employee Self-Service How-to Guide' on the right.

If you are designated as a Self-Service Manager (by your faculty or department) you can see information about your direct reports, including:

  • Basic personal details such as name, title and personal phone numbers for use in emergencies (but not diversity information);
  • Employee Personnel Number;
  • Contractual details including job title, FTE, length of service, salary and allowances (but not payslips, P60s, or other tax/NI information);
  • Information about your team structure (eg who reports to whom).

For guidance on how to use Manager Self-Service please refer to the 'Manager Self-Service How-to Guide' on the right.

The Internal Job Board allows University employees, casual staff and TSS workers to securely view and apply for University jobs, with the benefit of having access to internal-only roles that are not published on the University’s Jobs website.

The Internal Job Board is accessed from within Employee Self-Service (ESS) in HR Self-Service.

As a University employee, you can check your REF status via HR Self-Service. Guidance on how to access this information is available on the University's Research Support webpages.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

For help with using HR Self-Service please refer to the guides on the right, under ‘Getting help’. The HR Data Guide explains what data is held in HR Self-Service and how it may be used and/or shared by the University.

For all other queries, including questions about accessing HR Self-Service and technical support, please check the FAQs above.